Singapore Shares, Singapore Stocks, SGX, STI and More - PuntersGallery.Com

Go Back   Singapore Shares, Singapore Stocks, SGX, STI and More - PuntersGallery.Com > Discussion Central > Stocks on the Singapore Exchange [SGX] > F

Notices

Old 09-Feb-2013, 09:56 AM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracture
Sorry to disturb. I'm new to this whole share market thing. I saw your reply on wait for buy out. What do you mean by that?

I understand that the offer for 9.55 is due on 18/2/2013. Any idea what happens if I fail to send back to them in time?
If u are a shareholder of FNN, if u did not accept, and the company recieved the 90% shareholders acceptances, they will compulsory acquire your shares.

If the acceptances did not hit 90%, the shares will listed on SGX and traded as normal

Listen only to Mr Market
Trade with TA and invest with FA
Don't hate a stock and never fall in love with a stock

It is not when u buy that matters but when u sell that counts
Taking profits is not a sin, but it is a cardinal sin to allow profits to turn into a loss

XFactor Trading Aims and Rules Trading Acroynms

Old 09-Feb-2013, 10:24 AM
Pioneer Member

Will the fate of F&N be like APB?? Delisted on 18 Feb 13
Old 09-Feb-2013, 11:00 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggsteo View Post
Will the fate of F&N be like APB?? Delisted on 18 Feb 13
I'm just wondering after the TCC offer expires and the holding is below 90%, will the share goes plunging back to the pre OCBC/GE/Lee sale days.

Having said that, I must thank Mr Chaeron for paying my baby's gynae, hospitalization, milk powder and diapers. Coz before the 888 offer, F&N was a counter I never looked at. Hahaha...

Am sure a lot of bros benefited from it too like PM, Maxfactor shimu, just to name a few.

Hopefully, 2013 got more jeeportunity like this! Huat ar all bros and sis of TPG!

Last edited by geochewy81; 09-Feb-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-Feb-2013, 11:09 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geochewy81 View Post
I'm just wondering after the TCC offer expires and the holding is below 90%, will the share goes plunging back to the pre OCBC/GE/Lee sale days.

Having said that, I must thank Mr Chaeron for paying my baby's gynae, hospitalization, milk powder and diapers. Coz before the 888 offer, F&N was a counter I never looked at. Hahaha...

Am sure a lot of bros benefited from it too like PM, Maxfactor shimu, just to name a few.

Hopefully, 2013 got more jeeportunity like this! Huat ar all bros and sis of TPG!
And oh ya, check out Cal Dive (DVR)....I'm aiming this next after exiting my Rite Aid and Zynga. Cal Dive looks poised to capitalize on the market upswing ad P/B wise looks freakishly cheap. Go check it out. But do so before their quarterly earnings on 28 Feb. check first before purchase. My US winning streak will be wrong one day.

Sorry ah to post US stocks here but I'm keen to share with folks here! Huat together!
Old 09-Feb-2013, 09:53 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:

Some funnies like Vanguard? betted that FNN offer will be increased.....

Will they continue to hold and be a pain in the ass to TCC?

Listen only to Mr Market

Taking profits is not a sin, but it is a cardinal sin to allow profits to turn into a loss

Old 11-Feb-2013, 07:35 AM
TPG GURU!

PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 08, 2013
F&N net assets grow 65% on APB sale
BY KENNETH LIM PRINT |EMAIL THIS ARTICLE
FRASER and Neave (F&N) said net asset value per share jumped 65 per cent in the quarter ended December, and revealed that the battle for control over the group will cost the company $70 million.
The property and beverage conglomerate posted net profit of $4.9 billion in its fiscal first quarter, up from $177 million in the year-ago period, largely on the back of a $4.8 billion one-time gain from its sale of the Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) business during the quarter.
On a per-share basis, earnings was $3.374 after items and 3.5 cents before.
Profit increased across all business segments except publishing and printing, which saw pre-tax profit tumble to $4 million from $7 million a year ago.
發! 發! 發!
Old 15-Feb-2013, 07:49 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
And oh ya, check out Cal Dive (DVR)....I'm aiming this next after exiting my Rite Aid and Zynga. Cal Dive looks poised to capitalize on the market upswing ad P/B wise looks freakishly cheap. Go check it out. But do so before their quarterly earnings on 28 Feb. check first before purchase. My US winning streak will be wrong one day.

Sorry ah to post US stocks here but I'm keen to share with folks here! Huat together!
Anyone bought Cal Dive? Last night up 16.3% to close at $2.14. Hope everyone got huat! ��

Moving on to other counters ��
Old 15-Feb-2013, 08:36 PM
TPG Mentor Member

Quote:

Anyone bought Cal Dive? Last night up 16.3% to close at $2.14. Hope everyone got huat!

Moving on to other counters
Hard core le... You can post in traders of US indices.
Old 15-Feb-2013, 08:37 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetea View Post
Hard core le... You can post in traders of US indices.
Got such a trend? Didn't even know! Thanks OT!
Old 15-Feb-2013, 09:29 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
Anyone bought Cal Dive? Last night up 16.3% to close at $2.14. Hope everyone got huat! ��

Moving on to other counters ��
TPG is a Singapore based forum

U are in the wrong forum for US stocks.

Secondly, next time jio people to buy first....Not after it ran up...

Thirdly what purpose does does it serve ? Nobody bothers except u want to boost your own ego

Best way is u post a stock that will run in 3 days

Listen only to Mr Market

Old 15-Feb-2013, 10:27 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
TPG is a Singapore based forum

U are in the wrong forum for US stocks.

Secondly, next time jio people to buy first....Not after it ran up...

Thirdly what purpose does does it serve ? Nobody bothers except u want to boost your own ego

Best way is u post a stock that will run in 3 days
XfactoR, when I posted to ask pple to buy, it was $1.80. Yesterday, it closed $2.14. Ran within a week.

Same with Nokia. When I asked ppl to buy, it was $1.76. 4 months later...$4.90. Though now back at $4.03. Likewise when I asked ppl to buy best buy, it was $11.80. That was in Nov. today at $15.74...tested $16.36 in between. Likewise for Zynga, Rite Aid, Iridium, etc. all up at least 20% within a month. Everything got time stamp. You can check coz I know you quite free.

Yes, OT has told me about the US trend. I will post there.

Don't worry. No one's ego is biggest than yours. You still hold the title of biggest ego. Wouldn't fight u for it coz I'm only interested to see TPG bros here huat. Like how I help my other frens not on this forum.
Old 15-Feb-2013, 10:33 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
XfactoR, when I posted to ask pple to buy, it was $1.80. Yesterday, it closed $2.14. Ran within a week.

Same with Nokia. When I asked ppl to buy, it was $1.76. 4 months later...$4.90. Though now back at $4.03. Likewise when I asked ppl to buy best buy, it was $11.80. That was in Nov. today at $15.74...tested $16.36 in between. Likewise for Zynga, Rite Aid, Iridium, etc. all up at least 20% within a month. Everything got time stamp. You can check coz I know you quite free.

Yes, OT has told me about the US trend. I will post there.

Don't worry. No one's ego is biggest than yours. You still hold the title of biggest ego. Wouldn't fight u for it coz I'm only interested to see TPG bros here huat. Like how I help my other frens not on this forum.
If u are not happy u cannot stop coming here....

We won;t miss u...

This is a private forum

Go to CNA and post

Listen only to Mr Market

Last edited by xfactor; 15-Feb-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 15-Feb-2013, 10:43 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
If u are not happy u cannot stop coming here....

We won;t miss u...
I wanted to leave here after you attacked me but some of the bros sent me words of encouragement via PM and FB (yes, some of us exchanged contacts).

Then I realized you were attacked on other forums too. Saw some of the posts. Their attacks on you were much worse. Hence i felt a tinge of sympathy for you and decided to stay. You were once victim of abuse too. So why should I take it so hard? Opinions can differ but it can be in unison too such as our views on Yeo's and Olam. That's Life. What's important to me is I make money and other bros make money. That's all I really care. US mkt started. You can continue your rant hahaha. I need to make money.
Old 15-Feb-2013, 10:45 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
I wanted to leave here after you attacked me but some of the bros sent me words of encouragement via PM and FB (yes, some of us exchanged contacts).

Then I realized you were attacked on other forums too. Saw some of the posts. Their attacks on you were much worse. Hence i felt a tinge of sympathy for you and decided to stay. You were once victim of abuse too. So why should I take it so hard? Opinions can differ but it can be in unison too such as our views on Yeo's and Olam. That's Life. What's important to me is I make money and other bros make money. That's all I really care. US mkt started. You can continue your rant hahaha. I need to make money.
It does not matter to me what others think in other forums....

We will not miss u...nor need your sympathy

U can pissed off......

Listen only to Mr Market

Old 15-Feb-2013, 10:46 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:

Just Leave...

Listen only to Mr Market

Old 16-Feb-2013, 06:29 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Charoen has firm grip on F&N with 82.59 per cent stake

Charoen has firm grip on F&N with 82.59 per cent stake

BANGKOK - As of Thursday, the total number of F&N shares owned, controlled or whose purchase had been agreed by Charoen's group - TCC Assets and Thai Beverage - amounted to an aggregate of S$1.19 billion, representing an approximately 82.59 per cent stake, according to a filing to Singapore Exchange.

In another filing, F&N also announced that Hirotake Kobayashi, a director of F&N representing Kirin Holdings, had tendered his resignation following Kirin's sale of its shares in the company to Charoen.

A source from Thai Beverage recently said that the group was preparing to hold a press conference to unveil its plan for the Singaporean food, beverage and property giant. It is expected that Charoen's business in Thailand will benefit tremendously from F&N's logistics network. The Singaporean company has a presence in over 20 countries in Asia-Pacific. In Thailand, ThaiBev sells a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage products.

F&N is the jewel that Charoen has fought fiercely for over the past six months, since ThaiBev secretly became a major shareholder in July. He recently thwarted a bid for F&N by Overseas United Enterprise, controlled by an Indonesian family.

In a statement issued earlier this month, F&N's management referred to Charoen's efforts to acquire the stake as "a new era for the F&N Group in its 130th year of operation."

Proof of Charoen's far-sightedness can be seen in F&N's financial performance. The firm posted first-quarter revenue of S$913 million (about Bt22 billion), which was attributed to improved performance in its food-and-beverage and property businesses.

Revenue for the quarter ending December 31 showed a 17-per-cent increase over the same period a year earlier. Net profit from the food-and-beverage business grew 47 per cent to S$49 million. In the quarter, the group saw the completion of the disposal of its entire interest in Asia Pacific Breweries for S$5.6 billion. The group realised a disposal gain of $4.8 billion, pushing its profit after taxation to S$4.9 billion.
Old 18-Feb-2013, 12:14 PM
TPG Mentor Member

Today's announcement

83.65%

As at 5.00 p.m. (Singapore time) on 15 February 2013, the total number of (a) F&N Shares owned, controlled or agreed to be acquired by the Offeror and parties acting in concert with it, and (b) valid acceptances to the F&N Offer, amount to an aggregate of 1,205,823,649 F&N Shares, representing approximately 83.65% of the issued share capital of the Company

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement
Old 19-Feb-2013, 06:54 AM
TPG Mentor Member

F&N 90.32%

RESULTANT SHAREHOLDING
As at 5.30 p.m. (Singapore time) on the Closing Date, the total number of (i) F&N Shares owned, controlled or agreed to be acquired by the Offeror and parties acting in concert with it, and (ii) valid acceptances to the F&N Offer, amount to an aggregate of 1,301,980,326 F&N Shares, representing approximately 90.32% of the issued share capital of the Company. Please refer to the Appendix to this Announcement for more information on the shareholdings of the Offeror and certain parties acting in concert with it.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement
Old 19-Feb-2013, 07:31 AM
TPG GURU!

PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 19, 2013
Charoen ends offer with 90.3% of F&N
He may take F&N private to gain operational flexibility: analyst

Consummation: Mr Charoen's $9.55-per-share pre-dividend offer, made through private vehicle TCC Assets, closed at 5.30pm yesterday with acceptances worth 42.1 per cent of F&N's shares - PHOTO: BLOOMBERG
THAI tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi ended his bid for Fraser and Neave (F&N) with enough shares to force a delisting of the conglomerate.
Mr Charoen's $9.55-per-share pre-dividend offer, made through private vehicle TCC Assets, closed at 5.30pm yesterday with acceptances worth 42.1 per cent of F&N's shares.
TCC was also deemed to already hold 48.2 per cent, giving it a total shareholding of 90.3 per cent.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) requires a minimum public float of 10 per cent for listing.
發! 發! 發!
Old 19-Feb-2013, 07:39 AM
TPG Mentor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 19, 2013
Charoen ends offer with 90.3% of F&N
He may take F&N private to gain operational flexibility: analyst

Consummation: Mr Charoen's $9.55-per-share pre-dividend offer, made through private vehicle TCC Assets, closed at 5.30pm yesterday with acceptances worth 42.1 per cent of F&N's shares - PHOTO: BLOOMBERG
THAI tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi ended his bid for Fraser and Neave (F&N) with enough shares to force a delisting of the conglomerate.
Mr Charoen's $9.55-per-share pre-dividend offer, made through private vehicle TCC Assets, closed at 5.30pm yesterday with acceptances worth 42.1 per cent of F&N's shares.
TCC was also deemed to already hold 48.2 per cent, giving it a total shareholding of 90.3 per cent.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) requires a minimum public float of 10 per cent for listing.
Likely delist F&N. the 10% free float is breached.
Old 19-Feb-2013, 07:53 AM
TPG Mentor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humsablo View Post
Will the hedge fund go belly up?

SINGAPORE: The ongoing battle for control of Fraser & Neave (F&N) may see a higher bid price being offered.

This following reports of a US hedge fund buying about US$0.5 billion worth of shares in the food and property conglomerate, hoping to profit from the takeover tussle surrounding F&N.

The rumoured buyer is Davidson Kempner Capital Management and reports said it has bought about US$500 million worth of F&N stocks, raising its share in F&N to just under five per cent.
I wonder if the hedge fund sold.
Old 19-Feb-2013, 11:20 AM
TPG Mentor Member

Wonder who will be next for STI promotion.
Old 19-Feb-2013, 06:49 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetea View Post
I wonder if the hedge fund sold.
There is ahedge fund which took a 5% poistion on FNN...

If they don;t accept, then then small holders can wait as they will look after their interests

Listen only to Mr Market

Old 20-Feb-2013, 06:39 AM
TPG GURU!

PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 20, 2013
What stocks next after F&N play?
Analysts look at property, consumer stocks that may attract attention

Trading in F&N, a property and beverage group, was halted yesterday after Thai tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi ended his general offer for the company with a 90.3 per cent shareholding - PHOTO: REUTERS
AS conglomerate Fraser and Neave (F&N) teeters on the brink of a possible delisting, analysts' attention turns to the possible large-cap property and consumer stocks - such as Hutchison Port Holdings Trust and Thai Beverage Public Co - that could come into play.
Trading in F&N, a property and beverage group, was halted yesterday after Thai tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi ended his general offer for the company with a 90.3 per cent shareholding.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) rules require a minimum public float of 10 per cent to be listed.
Mr Charoen had said that he intended to keep F&N listed, but he reserved the right to change those plans, and has yet to comment on his current plans for the company.
發! 發! 發!
Old 20-Feb-2013, 06:40 AM
TPG GURU!

F&N appoints new directors
PRINT |EMAIL THIS ARTICLE
FOLLOWING the close of Thai tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi's general offer for Fraser and Neave (F&N), the company has appointed his son Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi and son-in-law Chotiphat Bijananda as non-independent and non-executive directors. The appointments took effect yesterday.
The son, 38, is the president and CEO of Thai Beverage Public Company and also holds directorships in many Thailand-listed companies. The son-in-law, 50, is an adviser at TTC Holdings and his other positions include being president of Southeast Group Co Ltd.
發! 發! 發!
Old 20-Feb-2013, 07:59 AM
TPG Mentor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
F&N appoints new directors
PRINT |EMAIL THIS ARTICLE
FOLLOWING the close of Thai tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi's general offer for Fraser and Neave (F&N), the company has appointed his son Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi and son-in-law Chotiphat Bijananda as non-independent and non-executive directors. The appointments took effect yesterday.
The son, 38, is the president and CEO of Thai Beverage Public Company and also holds directorships in many Thailand-listed companies. The son-in-law, 50, is an adviser at TTC Holdings and his other positions include being president of Southeast Group Co Ltd.
Ask the F&N to update ...

http://www.fraserandneave.com/FN_abo..._directors.asp
Old 01-Mar-2013, 10:03 AM
Pioneer Member

Thailand’s richest billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi became chairman of Fraser & Neave after his $13.8 billion takeover of the 130-year-old property and beverage company.

The appointment is effective from today, Singapore-based F&N said in a statement. Charoen, 68, replaces Lee Hsien Yang, who stepped down Feb. 26. Wanna Sirivadhanabhakdi, 69, Charoen’s wife, was named the vice chairman.

Charoen won control of F&N last month after his Jan. 18 offer of S$9.55 a share gained the backing of a majority of shareholders and topped a proposal from rival Overseas Union Enterprise Ltd. The deal gives Charoen control over a company that has assets from soft drinks to serviced apartments across Southeast Asia. The billionaire first invested in F&N in July, setting off a fight for its assets that led to the biggest acquisition of a Singapore-based company.

Pailin Chuchottaworn, president and chief executive officer of PTT Pcl, Thailand’s biggest company, also joined the F&N board, along with Chan Heng Wing and Charles Mak Ming Ying, according to the statement. F&N’s board now has nine members after the appointments.

Lee, the former chief executive officer of Singapore Telecommunications, is the younger brother of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
Old 05-Mar-2013, 08:41 PM
Newbie Member

Default F&N Still Listed?

Hi,
Does anyone know latest about whether F&N will be delisted? If so what's going to happen to those like me who did not take up the offer? Will my shares disappear into thin air???
Had enough bad experience with delisted shares in Malaysia which almost always gives minority shareholders a bad deal.

Appreciate any advice...

Best wishes to All
Old 05-Mar-2013, 08:44 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenahakchew View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know latest about whether F&N will be delisted? If so what's going to happen to those like me who did not take up the offer? Will my shares disappear into thin air???
Had enough bad experience with delisted shares in Malaysia which almost always gives minority shareholders a bad deal.

Appreciate any advice...

Best wishes to All
Charoen will invite you to become his son in law....LOL
Old 05-Mar-2013, 08:45 PM
TPG GURU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenahakchew View Post
Hi,

Appreciate any advice...

Best wishes to All
Don;t worry, in my view they will place out some shares and to keep it listed
Even if they don't, they will give u chance and write to u to accept after the dateline

Listen only to Mr Market